Vinyl flooring, cushion floor or lino are some of the names used to describe sheet vinyl.
Sheet vinyl is a popular choice of flooring in bathrooms and kitchens and throughout the home! Why is vinyl still a popular option after so many years?
- Comfortable floor coverings
- Stylish designs inspired by modern trends
- Durable products you can even use in heavy duty areas
- You can install it on any level of the home, above, on or below ground.
- It’s a great choice for high traffic areas such as kitchens and playrooms.
- It’s great for moisture-prone areas for example, bathrooms and laundry rooms.
Sheet vinyl is one of the least expensive, most beautiful floors in the industry today. Vinyl is low maintenance, water resistant, durable and easy to clean so great value. It comes in a range of wood planks, stone, tile effect and many more trending patterns and designs such as abstract, herringbone and marble just to name a few.
Wide Range of Uses
Yes all of this is possible because vinyl products you see today are quite different than years ago. Today you get the benefit of these characteristics:
Vinyl doesn’t easily get damaged by water. As long as you don’t let water stand on a vinyl floor for long it will stay in excellent condition. This makes vinyl practical even for areas such as bathrooms.
Modern vinyl products such as the Leoline range can last for many years. Protective top layers keep vinyl looking stunning for long. Pick a classic design and you’ll have no reason to replace flooring for years to come.
Most vinyl floors can absorb sound and serve as thermal insulation. This allows you to create practical living spaces with less disturbances. You can even save on energy costs. This is what the correct flooring decision does for you!
These characteristics mean you can use them in almost any room you’re renovating:
It doesn’t show wear and tear easily. Even a busy kitchen will look stunning for years if this product is on the floor.
You don’t have to fear water will destroy these floors. This high quality product paired with good maintenance will give you stylish bathrooms.
Offices or commercial areas:
You can use vinyl flooring in high traffic areas. The stylish designs will make the right impressions on any visiting client.
Create striking entrance halls that show off your personal style. You’ll find a design you love at The Floor Barn Ltd.
This vinyl creates warm, inviting spaces. This makes it perfect for bedrooms. Use it in kids’ rooms since it’s so easy to clean.
Find vinyl that matches your décor and create stylish lounges. You don’t have to fear wear, tear or any liquid spills. Your lounge will look stunning at all times.
Click on the link below to view vinyl flooring designs by one of our recommended brands.
Please view our case studies below.
Lifestyle – Essentials
Essentials is a great new vinyl range from Lifestyle Floors and the classic wood, tile and stone designs are sure to impress. This vinyl is one of our extra thick cushion floor styles. Its super chunky at an impressive 4mm thick with a highly durable 0.25mm wear layer and is a super slip resistant (R10 rated) vinyl.
Available in 2, 3 and 4 meter widths this vinyl and comes with a 12 year manufacturers warranty.
Take a look below at the link to the essentials range.
Caring for Vinyl
The Floor Barn Ltd knows our clients are concerned about the long term implications of flooring:
- How much time will maintenance take?
- Will you need special, expensive cleaning products?
Vinyl is so easy to care for:
- Remove dust and sand regularly to prevent scratching.
- Place protective layers between the flooring and heavy furniture pieces to prevent markings. Use our felt pads and protective products.
- Wash flooring occasionally with soapy water and a mop. Vinyl’s smooth surfaces clean easily and don’t retain dirt or grime. Leave the area to dry.